- Doctor of Philosophy (PHD) in Intellectual Property Law: University of Dar es Salaam, 2012.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Intellectual Property, Commerce and Technology, Franklin Pierce Law Center, NH., USA, January –December 2003.
- Master of Laws (LL.M), University of Dar es salaam, Tanzania, October 2000-October 2002.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons), University of Dar es salaam, Tanzania, September 1997-May 2000.
Area of Practice
Dr. Mwakaje has over 20 years of experience in handling contentious and non-contentious legal matters and advisory services. He is a well-established legal practitioner and consultant and serves a wide clientele base both locally and internationally. He is also an experienced and senior researcher having worked with the University of Dar es Salaam and other universities in Africa, Europe, and North America. He has served as a consultant in various government projects, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), commercial entities, and private sector generally.
He has also served as a consultant to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), World Trade Organization (WTO), United Nations Commission for Trade and Development (UNCTAD), the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO).
Dr. Mwakaje handles matters relating to research and general commercial transactions relating to intellectual property rights and litigation; Merger and Acquisition, project financing and management, investments, insurance, and regulatory and compliance aspects for telecommunication and ICT industry.
Dr. Mwakaje is a specialist in intellectual property and investment law. He advises clients on the acquisition, maintenance, and management of intellectual property rights; acquisition of certificates of investment incentives, and regulation of capital market and securities, telecom and energy related investments/companies.
Dr. Mwakaje also specializes in devising and advising on the appropriate strategies for the management and operation of investments in Tanzania.Dr. Mwakaje has extensive experience in researching and litigating commercial, intellectual property, and investment disputes in various fora in Tanzania.
- Member of the Tanganyika Law Society.
- Member of the East Africa Law Society.
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Member of the Technology Transfer Network in Africa, a program hosted by the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA
Practicing Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and High Court of Zanzibar, a Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths
Lecturer, at the University of Dar es Salaam School of Law
Office Number: +255 22 2135677/2126552
Mobile Phone: +255 754300132
Fax number: +255 22 2135678
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org